Monday, July 16, 2007

cupid's garden, 1 of 4


My apologies for the blurriness. Couldn't have better evidence that (a) I need a better camera more practice with digital pic-taking at night, and (b) I drink too much coffee. I've tweaked the brightness and contrast a little to save some part of readers' retinas. I really like how energetically the light plays on this sculpture--every passing car causes a different effect.

The others in this series are better, I swear. Figured I might as well end on a high note.


Sculpture:
Christopher Gardner
Cupid's Garden
1994
Median at intersection of Wilson and Clarendon Boulevards between N. Nash and N. Oak Streets, Arlington, VA 22209
Rosslyn Metro
25' x 60' x 12'
stainless steel

4 comments:

Adamantine said...

Welcome on the DP !! Your shot is great even if he isn't perfect! We are learning permanently! Have a nice day!!

Abraham Lincoln said...

Wow. That is an impressive place and your photo just seems to work to enhance it all.

Best Wishes for a nice week,

Abraham Lincoln
Tufted-titmouse slobbers

Mandy said...

imperfections make life real

michelle said...

Adamantine--thanks! Appreciate it, and if I'm anything, it's willing to learn. :)

Abraham Lincoln--thanks also! Have a great week too!

Mandy--good to know I'm not actually screwing up, I'm just keeping it real. (Really real. lol) :) Thanks!