Thursday, July 12, 2007

introduction to arlington


It's not the best picture I've ever taken of Arlington (though hopefully my wanting to get this posted before work so I didn't miss my very first "real" day photoblogging can be some sort of excuse--that and the haziness today).

For all it's non-greatness, the photo does sort of give you an idea of where Arlington is relative to the nation's capital, though--my apartment, which is near the last Arlington stop on Metro's Orange Line, is about 7 miles west of the Washington Monument.

There are certainly more interesting views of Arlington--hopefully I'll find some of those really soon. Like, tomorrow? ;) But I thought this was a good mix of old and new, and if Arlington is anything, it's a mix of old and new.

1 comment:

Fabrizio ikol22 said...

You believe or not I like so much this photo that's real and let us "to touch" reality. Much better than those photos able to show what... It isn't. I'm sure that Arlington is something different and I also sure you will show it at the best. Welcome on DP