Wednesday, August 1, 2007

typical breakfast.


OK, so maybe this is a "typical young professional in a big hurry to get to work on time" breakfast. But it still qualifies as typical, because I sat in Starbucks this morning for almost 15 minutes and asked people was this their breakfast. I'd say 70% of them said yes, as they were running out the door to the Metro or to catch a bus.

Also, a neat shot of the outside of the Starbucks--though I think maybe they need another sign, it's a little hard to tell what sort of coffee shop this is from the outside, don't you think? ;)


Brought to you as part of Monthly Theme Day--August 2007 was "Typical Breakfast". Check out the other participating Daily City Photoblogs (just remember to keep checking back; due to time differences not everyone posts at the same time!):

Saint Paul (MN), USA - Bellefonte (PA), USA - Menton, France - Monte Carlo, Monaco - New York City (NY), USA - Tel Aviv, Israel - Hyde, UK - Port Angeles (WA), USA - Mainz, Germany - Stockholm, Sweden - Paderborn, Germany - Singapore, Singapore - Haninge, Sweden - Nottingham, UK - Ampang (Selangor), Malaysia - Manila, Philippines - Boston (MA), USA - Seoul, Korea - Singapore, Singapore - Joplin (MO), USA - Chandler (AZ), USA - Paris, France - Sequim (WA), USA - Greenville (SC), USA - Kuala Lumpur, Malaysia - Boston (MA), USA - Chennai, India - Madison (WI), USA - Baton Rouge (LA), USA - Toulouse, France - Seattle (WA), USA - Mexico (DF), Mexico - La Antigua, Guatemala - Selma (AL), USA - Wassenaar (ZH), Netherlands - Albuquerque (NM), USA - Cleveland (OH), USA - San Diego (CA), USA - Lubbock (TX), USA - Jakarta, Indonesia - Sheki, Azerbaijan - Sydney, Australia - Mumbai, India - Seoul, South Korea - Cottage Grove (MN), USA - Cypress (TX), USA - Saarbrücken, Germany - Tuzla, Bosnia and Herzegovina - New Orleans (LA), USA - Budapest, Hungary - Kyoto, Japan - Tokyo, Japan - Austin (TX), USA - Singapore, Singapore - Villigen, Switzerland - Montréal (QC), Canada - Stayton (OR), USA - Melbourne, Australia - Silver Spring (MD), USA - Moscow, Russia - Springfield (MO), USA - Inverness (IL), usa - Arlington (VA), USA - Cologne (NRW), Germany - Anderson (SC), USA - Oslo, Norway - Saint-Petersburg, Russian Federation - Manila, Philippines - Kajang (Selangor), Malaysia - Maple Ridge (BC), Canada - Bandung (West Java), Indonesia - Stavanger, Norway - Bastia, France - Hong Kong, China - Wailea (HI), USA - St. Louis (MO), USA - Chicago (IL), USA - Rabaul, Papua New Guinea - Sydney, Australia - Bucaramanga (Santander), Colombia - Kansas City (MO), USA - Grenoble, France - Paris, France - Evry, France - Saigon, Vietnam - Prague, Czech Republic - Cape Town, South Africa - Brookville (OH), USA - Brussels, Belgium - San Diego (CA), USA - Wellington, New Zealand - Newcastle (NSW), Australia - Saint Louis (MO), USA - Sharon (CT), USA - Shanghai, China - Zurich, Switzerland - North Bay (ON), Canada - Lyon, France - Naples (FL), USA - Olympia (WA), USA

14 comments:

Olivier said...

Le Starbuck, avant c'etait pour moi l'amerique, NYC, maintenant on en trouve partout, dans Paris il doit y en avoir une vingtaine, ils vont tres vite pour s'imposer dans le monde entier


Starbuck, before it was for me America, NYC, now one finds some everywhere, in Paris it must have from it there a score, they very quickly will be essential in the whole world

Hyde DP said...

It used to be McDonalds that was the symbol of American corporate colonisation of the world, but these days it seems Starbucks are running them a close second.

Felicia said...

Yes, this is my typical breakfast too, although I drink it at home.

michelle said...

Olivier--it's a shame, really; all our neighborhood coffee shops have disappeared. Starbucks just don't have a lot of character, to me they don't usually seem very friendly.

Hyde--I think you're right, when I was in Frankfurt I saw more than one, and in London I know there are a bunch. IMO if we're going to inflict our corporations on other countries they ought to be a lot less obnoxious. And maybe a little more useful to the world. :( There are actually 4 Starbucks within 3 miles of my apartment.

Felicia--I decided I had to get out and walk around rather than sit at my computer (again) today, so I decided to do a "Starbucks health walk." LOL I know that's pathetic, but it's rare I'm up at 7am and walking 2 miles, so it sort of worked. :)

Abraham Lincoln said...

Interesting that you asked others what they had. Starbucks is a big hit around here. I drank so much of it once that it put me in the hospital with my heart racing almost out of control. So I avoid it 90 percent of the time.

I appreciate your stopping at my blog and for your comments.

Abraham Lincoln
Brookville Daily Photo

Rambling Round said...

A Starbucks breakfast. Very typical in the city. Neat photo.

jelvistar said...

I almost did this same thing! But my usual breakfast is a mocha...

Port Angeles Daily Photo

travelphilippines said...

i love starbucks at night hehe. for breakfast? its impossible for me since its far from where i live.

Lessie said...

So cool you caught the pic on a fire hydrant!

Kate said...

I could not survive on that breakfast; I need something more substantial. I'm not surprised at the results of your informal survey, tho.

Tomate Farcie said...

You know, this is a very original shot of something we see everywhere but who would have thought of presenting it that way? Great idea.

LOL, hyde DP, you're so right. The Starbucks in San Francisco have a neat presentation, though, they are clean and inviting and although the coffee is a little bit more bitter than at any other coffee shop (I think) they make up with other stuff; the staff usually very friendly, they're fast, the premises are clean and inviting, and they have great music in there.

R&R in The Netherlands said...

Starbucks does seem to inspire "love it or hate it" in most people. I have to say that I really miss it, there are none here in the Netherlands (yet) so I have to get my fix when I travel.

Jilly said...

Great! I couldn't live without Starbucks, when I visit America! True it doesn't have the ambiance of an Italian bar but hey, the coffee is good! And actually I like the ambiance, it's just different...

hotels in prague said...

I love starbucks but not for breakfast..